If you’re interested in commercial real estate (CRE) investing, there are so many things to know and learn before getting started. For one, you’ll need to choose the right type of commercial property for your real estate goals — whether it’s an office space, multifamily property, retail store, or industrial building. And secondly, you’ll need to know how to assemble a great real estate team and identify profitable CRE properties.
As you get started, these resources from the residential and commercial real estate experts at David Steele & Associates will tell you nearly everything you need to launch a CRE career!
Q1: What are the benefits of investing in commercial real estate?
A1: If you’re thinking of launching a career in commercial real estate, you could experience a slew of benefits — including tax advantages, increased cash flow, and portfolio diversification. Here are a few potential benefits of investing in CRE properties.
- First, take some time to understand how commercial real estate investing works.
- Next, explore several potential tax advantages of buying CRE properties.
- Find out how CRE properties could help to diversify your portfolio.
- You can even earn passive income when you invest in commercial real estate.
- If commercial real estate isn’t right for you, residential real estate may be a better option.
Q2: How can I learn as much as possible about commercial real estate?
A1: From books and online resources to coaching and training programs, there are so many ways to become a commercial real estate expert!
- Look for an experienced real estate investing mentor.
- Enroll in a commercial real estate coaching or training program.
- Read books about commercial real estate.
- Listen to real estate investing podcasts, such as the Best Ever Show by Joe Fairless.
- Review Investopedia’s guide to calculating your return on investment (ROI).
Q3: What should I know about starting my own commercial real estate business?
A1: Approximately 2,068,339 commercial real estate businesses operate in the U.S., according to IBISWorld. And if you’re ready to launch a commercial real estate business of your own, you’ll want to keep the following resources at your disposal.
- Explore the different steps involved in starting your own real estate business.
- Hire the best real estate professional for you, whether it’s a real estate agent or broker.
- Decide whether to work with a property management company.
- Make things official by forming a limited liability company (LLC).
- Start looking for available properties!
If you’re ready to experience the many benefits of CRE investing, this guide will teach you nearly everything you need to know about commercial real estate — as well as the steps you can take to expand your knowledge and start your own commercial real estate business. Just don’t underestimate the power of a great real estate team.
Are you ready to buy or lease your first commercial property? Contact David Steele & Associates to find the perfect commercial property for you! 770-867-0055